Friday, October 20, 2023

Barbara J. Johnson

My life began on March 3,1947. I was born in Fulton County to J.C. and Juanita Whitley at the farmhouse of my Grandma and Grandpa Whitley. I was welcomed to the world by a sister Rose and a brother Jim. My sister Connie joined us a couple years later.

During my Junior year of High School, I met the love of my life, Mervin, whom I married on October 6th,1968 and it was one of the best days of my life. We welcomed 2 beautiful daughters, Julie and Jill. A son was brought into our lives when Julie married Mark Ludlum and we loved him like he was our own. Our proudest accomplishment in life was being parents and we knew our life was truly blessed.
My Mother and I opened Barnitas Beauty Shop in 1967 and I continued to do hair for the next 54 years. My ladies were never clients, they were family. Most of “the girls” have left this world already, and I will be happy to see them again.
In 1986 I began my 37-year career at Mason District Hospital as a CNA. I loved taking care of patients so much, I decided to become a nurse, graduating in 1995. I was blessed to work with so many great people and all of you have a special place in my heart.
As much as I loved being a Mother, Merv and I were blessed with four beautiful grandchildren, Tyler and Matt (Miranda) Ludlum, Tanner (Donovan) Hannum, and Kylie Harris. Our Grandchildren showed us a love we never knew existed and the love grew with the addition of two Great-Grandsons, Zane Hannum and Mace Ludlum.
Sadly, life does not go without heartache, but heartache only comes from true love. I lost my father, mother, my sister Rose and my brother Jim. My greatest loss was when Merv was called home 21 years ago. I have missed every day.
My life on earth is now over, but please don’t be sad for I am in Heaven reunited with my husband and all the loved ones I lost along the way. I, quite simply, had a blessed and glorious life that I am eternally grateful for.
My life will be celebrated at Hurley Funeral Home on Saturday October 21st at 11:00 am, with visitation an hour prior. Interment will be at Laurel Hill Cemetery immediately following the service.
Memorials can be made to The Church of Christ in Havana. Online condolences can be left for my family at www.hurleyfh.com.
Hurley Funeral Home in Havana is in charge of arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment